An opportunity has become available at Crabtree Wadeville for a Logistics Engineering Internship in the Industrial Engineering Department, reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager. This position is expected to analyse transportation networks, inventory management systems and distribution strategies to minimize costs, reduce lead time and ensure timely delivery of products.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Transportation analyses
- Inventory management
- Lead time reduction
- Material flow
- PFEP for inbound logistics AND shop floor logistics Supermarket and Plant layout.
- Pull system in place based on customer demands & equipment/labour availability
- OEE loss due to lack of supply
- Ensure tocks in full compliance with FiFo.
- Stock accuracy (SAP vs Physical)
- Min/Max inventory level of all goods are visualized in the workstations and on shop floor (warehouses / supermarkets).
- Forklifts / pallet jack’s utilisation
- 100% goods receiving and warehousing areas visual management (including each storage location) are clearly marked, visualized, and labelled
- Incoming visualization in place and use
- Truck preparation visual management/ board
- Scrap declaration is done weekly.
- Standard operating procedures for line feeding and replenishment in place and use.
- Pull-supermarket, stock levelling board, hijinks board.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 3 – 5 years’ filed experience in the warehouse / logistics industry
- Diploma/ Degree – Industrial engineering
- Logistics/SCM qualification (Highly advantageous)
- Short courses: Supply chain management / Transportation / Inventory management / Project management.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical abilities
- Application of industrial engineering tools in warehouse and production
- Problem solving
- Facilitation skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Continuous learning mindset
- Time management, Strong communication skills
Only applicants who meet the requirements will be considered.